Cindi Lewis, MD, joined Valley Medical Center team as a urogynecologist in July, 2013. She completed medical school at the University of Minnesota, and trained in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of New Mexico. By her first year of residency, she realized her greatest interest and satisfaction gained was from helping women suffering from pelvic floor disorders improve their quality of life. So after residency, she remained at UNM for three additional years and completed the accredited Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship under the direction of Dr. Rebecca Rogers.
As a urogynecologist, Dr. Lewis enjoys working with patients to find the evidence-based approach that best fits their condition and personal needs, using surgical, non-surgical, behavioral/physical therapy and medical approaches. She believes patient education and trying to understand patient expectations are key components of their care.
Dr. Lewis specializes in female pelvic floor medicine and reconstructive surgery (urogynecology), including:
- Treating/evaluating pelvic floor disorders:
- Uterine and vaginal organ prolapse
- Urinary and fecal incontinence
- Overactive bladder: urinary urgency / frequency
- Urinary tract infections
- Vaginal fistulas
- Treating/evaluating other bladder symptoms:
- Pelvic/bladder pain
- Recurrent UTIs
- General benign gynecologic conditions:
- Ovarian cysts
- Abnormal bleeding
- Minimally invasive surgery, including conventional and daVinci robotic-assisted laparoscopy, as well as neuromodulation therapy:
- Benign gynecologic problems (including surgery for prolapse, incontinence and large uteri)
- BoTox injections and sacral nerve and percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation
- In-Office Procedures:
Outside of Valley Medical Center, Cindi and her spouse are dedicated to international medical service, participating missions to Nepal and the Phillipines. They also enjoy the mountains year round, and spending time visiting all their girls!