RENTON, WA - Are you new to South King County and in need of a doctor? Do you assume you need to drive into Seattle to find a top-notch orthopedic surgeon, radiologist or cardiologist? Well, according to those who know—the doctors themselves—19 “Top” physicians in the greater Seattle area can be found at Valley Medical Center (VMC) in Renton, as reported in Seattle magazine’s 9th annual “Top Docs” issue.
Seattle magazine’s Top Doctors survey is both respected for its comprehensive and controlled methodology, and the most trusted “recommendation” for finding physicians. This year Seattle magazine asked the question of 10,000 Puget Sound-area physicians from 90 specialties: If you or a loved one needed medical help, to whom would you go? These “Top Docs” from VMC are featured in the August 2009 issue, on newsstands now.
- Cardiology: John Nemanich, M.D.
- Critical Care: William Park, M.D.
- Dermatology: Carmen Berger, M.D.
- Emergency Medicine: Karl Kaufmann, M.D.
- Endocrinology/Metabolism: Ronald Brazg, M.D.
- Family Practice: Wuaca Luna, M.D.
- Gastroenterology: Frank Thomas, Jr., M.D.
- Hospitalist: Lawrence Dell Isola, M.D.
- Hospitalist: Michael Mena, M.D.
- Infectious Disease/Travel Medicine: Mike Hori, M.D.
- Internal Medicine: Dominick Toulouse, M.D.
- Orthopedic Surgery/Joint Replacement: William Barrett, M.D.
- Orthopedic Surgery: John Hendrickson, M.D.
- Otolaryngology: Eric Waterman, M.D.
- Pathology: Ira Allen, M.D.
- Pediatric Hospitalist: Sean Lawler, M.D.
- Psychiatry: Eamonn Swords, M.D.
- Radiology (Diagnostic): Kenneth Reger, M.D.
- Radiology (Interventional): Scott Bowen, M.D.
“We are very proud to have 19 physicians named to Seattle magazine’s prestigious “Top Docs” list,” says Rich Roodman, Valley Medical Center CEO. “It’s fulfilling to see these physicians get the recognition they deserve and to let the South King County community know that highly talented providers are right in their backyard.”
Back to Press Releases