RENTON, WA - The 2010 results are in! Of the 381 “Top Docs” in the greater Seattle area (according to Seattle magazine’s 10th edition of its annual survey), 17 can be found at Valley Medical Center in Renton.
Seattle magazine’s Top Doctors survey is the Puget Sound’s most trusted “recommendation” for finding physicians. This year, for the first time, Seattle partnered with Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., a well-regarded healthcare research and information company. Castle Connolly works with magazines across the country, including New York magazine, to produce similar top doctor features.
Castle Connolly asked physicians to nominate providers they would seek out or recommend to loved ones—a process similar to the one Seattle magazine has used. In addition they solicited nominations via a mailed survey sent to tens of thousands of physicians in private practice across the country, as well as medical leaders at more than 1,500 hospitals across the country (including those in the greater Seattle area)—including CEOs, chief medical officers and the chiefs of eight medical specialties.
These “Top Docs” from VMC are featured in the July 2010 issue, on newsstands now:
- Family Medicine: Ronald Kane, M.D., Fairwood Primary Care
- Gastroenterology: Frank Thomas Jr., M.D.
- Interventional Cardiology: John Nemanich, M.D.
- Neonatal & Perinatal Medicine: Jeffrey Stolz, M.D.
- Neurology: David Vossler, M.D.
- Nuclear Medicine: Virginia Klaas, M.D.
- Ophthalmology: Bruce Cameron, M.D.
- Orthopedic Surgery: William Barrett, M.D.
- Pathology: Ira Allen, M.D.
- Pathology: Hongxiu Ji, M.D., Ph.D.
- Pediatric Cardiology: Christopher Stefanelli, M.D.
- Pediatric Infectious Disease: Farah Cassis-Ghavami, M.D.
- Radiation Oncology: Todd Barnett, M.D.
- Radiation Oncology: James Spiegel, M.D.
- Radiology (Diagnostic): Kenneth Reger, M.D.
- Rheumatology: John Yuen, M.D.
- Vascular & Interventional Radiology: J. Scott Bowen, M.D.
“We are very proud to have 17 physicians named to Seattle magazine’s prestigious “Top Docs” list,” says Rich Roodman, Valley Medical Center CEO. “It’s terrific to see these physicians get the recognition they deserve and to let the South Sound community know that highly talented providers are right in their backyard.”
Back to press releases...