- Early in labor, it is not necessary to rush to the hospital. Track your contractions.
- Call your doctor when your contractions are about 8 minutes apart and last longer than 30 seconds.
- When you go to the hospital, check in at Admitting, located just inside the main entrance on the third floor. (If you arrive between 8:30 pm and 6 am, use the Emergency Services entrance on the second floor.)
- Our mom and baby rooms have state-of-the-art birthing beds and are fully equipped to ensure a safe delivery in a comfortable, homelike setting.
- After you check in, you'll be taken to your personal mom and baby room, where your nurse will assess the condition of you and baby and review your birth plan.
- For a vaginal birth, Valley Medical Center offers a range of options for managing pain during labor and delivery. Let us know how we can help—whether it's giving a massage, telling you more about what to expect, or offering medication.
- If you are scheduled for a cesarean delivery, your support person will change into scrub clothing and you'll be taken to The Birth Center 30 minutes before your scheduled delivery time.
- Whether your delivery is spontaneous or scheduled, we're eager to help make it special for you and your family.