An acute injury or chronic illness can cause pain, weakness or numbness resulting in the loss of movement, speech or level of independence at home or on the job. Trained in both physical medicine and rehabilitation, providers at VMC's Physiatry Clinic diagnose and treat patients to help restore function, manage pain and return to enjoying life as fully as possible.
Our providers coordinate care using a structured, integrated treatment program for patients who have experienced injuries from motor vehicle accidents, industrial/occupational trauma, and sports-related activities. We work closely with patients throughout the rehabilitation process to keep them informed, motivated and on the path to recovery.
- Acute and chronic injury management
- Outpatient Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Intra muscular stimulation
- Osteopathic manipulation therapy (OMT) to improve joint range of motion and balance tissue and muscle mechanics
- Electrodiagnostic examinations to test muscle and nerve function
- Interventional pain management procedures
- Prolotherapy injection therapy to address pain in ligaments and tendons
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) to stimulate the healing of bone and soft tissue
- Neuro-Prolotherapy to promote healing of nerves and tissues
- and more...