Recognition & Awards
Valley Medical Center Earns a Bona Fide 10
More Remarkable Recognition...
From a great work environment to exceptional patient care, we're pleased to say Valley Medical Center earns high marks across the board.
VMC is recognized by HealthGrades®, the nation’s leading healthcare rating company, for spine and orthopedic care:
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- #1 in Washington for Joint Replacement (2010 - 2013)
- #1 in Washington for Overall Orthopedic Services and Spine Surgery (2011-2013)
- Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery (2012-2013)
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award Recipient (2011-2013)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award Recipient (2010-2013)
- Spine Surgery Excellence Award Recipient (2011-2013)
- 5-Star rating for Back and Neck Surgery for 11 consecutive years
- 5-Star rating for total knee and joint replacements for 10 consecutive years
- 5-Star rating for spine surgery for 8 consecutive years
- 5-Star rating for total hip replacement for 4 consecutive years
The Joint Commission:
- Three-year, full accreditation in 2011 for our commitment to meeting national and safety performance standards
- “Gold Seal for Stroke” Recognition
Valley Medical Center received recognition for outstanding, evidenced-based care for heart and stroke:
- American Stroke Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Silver Performance Achievement Award (2011)
- American Heart Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Gold Performance Achievement Award (2011)
For nearly a decade, VMC has earned distinction as a best place to work from a number of industry and business journals:
- Washington CEO magazine “Best Company” for seven straight years
- Seattle Business Monthly named VMC one of the Puget Sound’s “Best Companies to Work For” in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 and named VMC the #1 Nonprofit in the state in the extra-large company category
- Modern Healthcare magazine named VMC a "Best Place to Work in Healthcare" two years in a row (2008 and 2009), and placed us Top 10 in the nation in 2009 and 2010
Excellence in Financial Management:
- Governmental Financial Officers’ Association (GFOA) awarded VMC the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for our 2011 budget documents, which are comprised of the statutory expenditure budget and management’s operating budget.
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital Rankings 2012:
- U.S. News & World Report recognizes Valley Medical Center as being among the Best Hospitals in the Puget Sound, ranking No. 4 out of 35 hospitals in the Seattle metro area and No. 7 in Washington state out of more than 100 hospitals. VMC is also ranked as a high-performing hospital in orthopedics, diabetes, and endocrinology.