Recognition & Awards
Valley Medical Center Earns a Bona Fide 10
||Modern Healthcare Modern Healthcare magazine named VMC a "Best Place to Work in Healthcare" in the nation. One of only a handful of companies receiving recognition on this national list four out of four years (2008–2011), VMC is the only hospital and medical center from Washington to have ever achieved a place on this list. Learn more about working at VMC and search for career opportunities. As one of the largest employers in South King County, we're always looking for great people to join our team.
More Remarkable Recognition...
From a great work environment to exceptional patient care, we're pleased to say Valley Medical Center earns high marks across the board.
VMC is recognized by HealthGrades®, the nation’s leading healthcare rating company, for spine and orthopedic care:
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award
- #1 in Washington for Joint Replacement (2010-2013)
- #1 in Washington for Overall Orthopedic Services and Spine Surgery (2011-2013)
- Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery (2012-2013)
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award Recipient (2011-2013)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award Recipient (2010-2013)
- Spine Surgery Excellence Award Recipient (2011-2013)
- 5-Star rating for Back and Neck Surgery for 11 consecutive years
- 5-Star rating for total knee and joint replacements for 10 consecutive years
- 5-Star rating for spine surgery for 8 consecutive years
- 5-Star rating for total hip replacement for 4 consecutive years
The Joint Commission:
- Three-year, full accreditation in 2011 for our commitment to meeting national and safety performance standards
- “Gold Seal for Stroke” Recognition
Valley Medical Center received recognition for outstanding, evidenced-based care for heart and stroke:
- American Stroke Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award (2013), Target Stroke Honor Roll
- American Heart Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Gold Performance Achievement Award (2013)
- American Heart Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Bronze Receiving Mission: Lifeline Award (2013)
For nearly a decade, VMC has earned distinction as a best place to work from a number of industry and business journals:
- Washington CEO magazine “Best Company” for seven straight years
- Seattle Business magazine named VMC the #1 Non-Profit in Washington for 2011, VMC’s tenth consecutive year winning a Best Workplace award.
Best Medical Clinics:
- In 2014, the community awarded Valley Medical Center the Best of Renton Award for Medical Clinics.
Excellence in Financial Management:
- Governmental Financial Officers’ Association (GFOA) awarded VMC the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for our 2011 budget documents, which are comprised of the statutory expenditure budget and management’s operating budget.
||All-Inclusive and Welcoming Care
& Best Place To Work in HealthCare:
- Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) Award in 2012, 2013 and 2014 for promoting equitable and inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients and their families and a discrimination-free workplace for LGBT staff members.