Recognition & Awards
From a great work environment to exceptional patient care, we're pleased to say Valley Medical Center earns high marks across the board.
QUALITY & PATIENT SAFETY
US News & World Report:
- In 2015, U.S. News & World Report named Valley Medical Center one of the Best Hospitals in Washington State and the Seattle Metro area.
- 2014 UnitedHealthcare PATH Excellence in Patient Service Award for encouraging greater use of preventive health care services and improving outcomes for its Medicare Advantage members.
The Joint Commission:
- Full hospital and clinic network accreditation for our commitment to meeting national and safety performance standards.
- Advanced Palliative Care Certification
- Primary Stroke Center Certification
Washington State Hospital Association (WSHA):
- Partnership for Patients Award for outstanding achievement in improving patient safety.
Best Medical Clinics:
- for numerous years in a row the community awarded Valley Medical Center the "Best of Award" for Medical Clinics.
DIGNITY & EQUALITY
All-Inclusive and Welcoming Care
& Best Place To Work in HealthCare:
- Healthcare Equality Index (HEI) Leader in Healthcare Award recognizes VMC's equitable and inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender patients and their families and a discrimination-free workplace for LGBTQ staff members.
Valley Medical Center received recognition for outstanding, evidenced-based care for stroke and heart:
- American Stroke Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award (2015), Target Stroke Honor Roll Elite.
- American Heart Association's Get With The GuidelinesSM Gold Performance Achievement Award (2014), Heart Failure.
JOINT REPLACEMENT & ORTHOPEDICS
Becker’s Hospital Review named VMC one of 125 hospitals and health systems with great orthopedic programs:
- Becker's Hospital Review recognizes hospitals that have orthopedic surgery departments, programs or dedicated centers that have earned considerable recognition. Exceptional orthopedic departments often include physicians who provide outstanding patient care, advance cutting-edge orthopedic research and treat professional athletes. Learn more.
VMC is recognized by HealthGrades®, the nation’s leading healthcare rating company, for spine and orthopedic care:
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award.
- #1 in Washington for Joint Replacement (2010-2013).
- #1 in Washington for Overall Orthopedic Services and Spine Surgery (2011-2013).
- Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery (2012-2013).
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award Recipient (2011-2013).
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award Recipient (2010-2013).
- Spine Surgery Excellence Award Recipient (2011-2013).
- 5-Star rating for Back and Neck Surgery for 11 consecutive years.
- 5-Star rating for total knee and joint replacements for 10 consecutive years.
- 5-Star rating for spine surgery for 8 consecutive years.
- 5-Star rating for total hip replacement for 4 consecutive years.
In 2014, Valley Medical Center was the only hospital in Washington State Named by Medicare as a Best Hospital for Joint Replacement:
- The Medicare evaluation considered the outcomes of all Medicare beneficiaries receiving joint replacement between July 2009 and June 2012, nearly 1.8 million patients. Learn more.
Most Wired in Healthcare:
- Recognized in 2015 by Hospitals & Health Networks magazine for leading the industry in the adoption of information technology to improve operational, financial and clinical performance in healthcare delivery systems.
Excellence in Financial Management:
- Governmental Financial Officers’ Association (GFOA) awarded VMC the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for our 2011 budget documents, which are comprised of the statutory expenditure budget and management’s operating budget.
Employee Health & Wellness:
- Recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Fit-Friendly Worksites Recognition program.