We want to know how your breastfeeding is going. Problems are easier to correct when identified early. Once you are home, when your baby is 4 to 7 days old, ask yourself:
- Did your breasts feel firm and full between day 2 and day 5?
- Does your baby latch on to your breast without difficulty?
- Does your baby suck rhythmically for at least 10 minutes per feeding, and can you hear your baby swallowing milk?
- Does your baby demand to be fed?
- Do your breasts feel full before you feed your baby and softer afterward?
- Is your baby having at least four yellow stools every 24 hours?
- Is your baby having at least six wet diapers every 24 hours?
- Does your baby appear satisfied after most feedings?
If you answered "no" to any of these questions, call Valley Medical Center Lactation Services at 425.228.3440 ext. 2526.