Resources & Links
The links we provide may help to answer your questions regarding women's health care. These pages are not a substitute for medical care. We recommend you contact your doctor or nurse if you have specific medical questions related to women's health care or your medical condition. The links are provided for your information and entertainment only and their inclusion on this page is in no way an endorsement of their product or organization.
- Childbirth classes Learn about breastfeeding, how to install a car seat, or what you need to know as a first-time parent.
Herpes and sexually transmitted disease info
Medical databases and government agencies
Pap test information
Parenting and children
Professional medical organizations
Recommended reading for pregnancy
- Your Baby and Child, Birth to Five Years by Penelope Leach
- Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Newborn (Revised, Expanded Edition): The Complete Guide (2010) by Penny Simkin, Janet Whalley and Ann Keppler
Women's health information
- National Women's Health Resource Center (The contents of this web site are reviewed by health care professionals and include info on women's health, a large database of national and local health resources, the latest headlines on women's health news and events, and a library of health-related books, journals, magazines and newsletters. The sponsor is a nonprofit national clearinghouse for women's health information.)
- Cancernet National Cancer Institute
- Melpomene Institute A Nonprofit organization that researches women's health issues
- National Cervical Cancer Coalition The National Cervical Cancer Coalition (NCCC) founded in 1997, is a grassroots nonprofit organization dedicated to serving women with, or at risk for, cervical cancer and HPV disease