Preparing for your stay at VMC
Your physician may provide you with special instructions for preparing for your procedure, as well as with information you need to know about recovery. Please review these carefully in advance, and discuss any instructions that are not clear to you with your physician.
Wireless Internet Access
We are pleased to offer complimentary wireless Internet access on our main campus. Simply join the Guest Network to stay plugged in.
Inpatient Stays & Outpatient Procedures
If you require an inpatient admission to the hospital, Valley will notify your carrier and obtain authorization for your hospital stay in advance of scheduled services (or the next business day for unscheduled services). Please review our Pre-Authorization & Financial Assistance Options and requirements for Scheduled Hospital Services well in advance of your stay.
During your hospital registration process, our admitting staff will ask you for your applicable co-pays and deductible amounts owed.
If you do not have insurance coverage, you will need to make financial arrangements prior to your procedure. You can do this by talking to one of our Financial Advocates at 425-656-5599.
Prior to your arrival or during your hospital visit, admitting registrars will ask you for information about your financial ability to pay and to determine whether you may be eligible for assistance through Washington’s Medicaid and other public assistance programs. If you do not qualify for Medicaid or any other Public Assistance program, your financial information will be used to assist us in evaluating other payment options for you.
Learn more about Financial assistance options.
Make preparations before you arrive:
- Arrange for transportation home
- Schedule childcare or a pet sitter, if needed
- Determine who will make healthcare decisions for you if you are incapacitated, and register an advance directive or living will
What to bring
To make your visit as enjoyable as possible, we encourage you to review the following items to plan appropriately for the length of stay at Valley Medical Center:
- A photo ID
- Insurance card(s)
- Name and telephone number of your referring physician
- Proof of legal guardianship or parent authorization, if you are not the parent
- Social Security numbers, both for you and your child
- Referrals or authorizations from your child's primary care doctor (if applicable)
- Medical records, such as X-rays or lab tests (if applicable)
- A list of your (or your child's) medications
- Items for your comfort or entertainment:
- Parent/Guardian personal care items and changes of clothing
- A stuffed animal, blanket or comfort item for your child
- For our young patients: a familiar stuffed toy
- Small pictures of family, friends, or pets
- Religious, spiritual or meditative articles, a good book or crossword
- Telephone numbers or emails of your emotional / spiritual support person(s)
Parking is free on our campus and available in the parking lot in front of the hospital by Talbot Road S, or in the North and South Parking Garages. We also provide free valet parking at the main entrance to the hospital.