A Remarkable Birth Experience
classes, parent support groups and free Birth Center tours
Valley Medical Center mothers-to-be enjoy a private, suite-like room for labor, birth and recovery. Each room has a whirlpool bath, free on-demand movies, DVD/CD player, wireless Internet access, room service meal delivery, and a daybed so family members can also stay in comfort. This home-like setting allows you and your family to relax and direct your attention to getting to know your new baby.
Learn more about The Birth Center and our Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
Fast Facts about The Birth Center
Are you in labor?
- If you think you are in labor, whether arriving for a planned procedure or per your provider's direction, go directly to The Birth Center located on the second floor of the hospital.
- After you have been evaluated, someone from Admitting will come to your room and complete the admission process.
- Please remember to bring mother's driver's license/photo ID and insurance card.
Where to go:
- 6 am - 8 pm: Please enter the hospital through the front doors. Free valet service is available during business hours at the front entry. The Birth Center is located on the second floor of the hospital.
- 8 pm - 6 am: Please enter the hospital through the Emergency Department located in the South Tower. Park your car in the South Tower parking garage and follow the signs to The Birth Center.
- If you are uncomfortable and unable to walk, please ask for help and a staff member will bring you by wheelchair to The Birth Center.
Learn about our classes, parent support groups and free Birth Center tours