Hope, Healing, Health
Valley Medical Center provides professional assistance with mental health concerns for adults of all ages. To offer the best treatment plan for our patients, our staff of psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, nurse practitioners and emergency room counselors provide a collaborative, team approach to patient care. The Psychiatry and Counseling Clinic is one of the largest providers of adult mental heath services in the area.
Professional services include treatment for:
- Clinical depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Social anxiety
- Panic disorders and phobias
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Marriage and family issues
- Grief and loss
- Life transition and growth issues
- Relationship issues
Other Services Include:
- Complimentary alcohol and drug consultations (provided on-site by Lakeside-Milam)
- Coordination of ongoing care and consultations with other medical providers
- Psychiatrist on-call 24-hours a day
- Emergency Room Intervention Team (ERIT)
Behavioral Health Integration Program (BHIP)
The Behavioral Health Integration Program (BHIP) is a team-based approach to managing depression and anxiety in the primary care setting, and is based on the collaborative care model. Referrals to BHIP are made by your primary care provider. BHIP is currently available at the following clinics: Kent Primary Care, Covington South Primary Care, Highlands Primary Care, Fairwood Primary Care, Cascade Primary Care, and Newcastle Primary Care.
If you are referred to the BHIP program by your primary care provider, s/he will continue to oversee your care and prescribe medications as indicated in consultation with the BHIP psychiatrist and Behavioral Health Specialist. The Behavioral Health Specialist will meet with you at the primary care clinic, will work closely with your primary care provider, and may provide short-term counseling or refer you to resources, depending on your needs.
Learn more about mental health services at Valley Medical Center.
To check insurance coverage and appointment availability, please call us today at 1.800.469.3979.