Support & Education
Committed to Education
The Breast Center at Valley Medical Center is committed to patient education with the following programs:
- A multi-media resource library furnished with Internet access, books, brochures, and other information about breast cancer and breast health
- Nutrition counseling
- Assistance with prostheses and wigs
Multiple support groups and classes offer
- Support for newly diagnosed breast cancer patients
- Assistance and resources for spouses and family of breast cancer patients
- Visits with and support from breast cancer survivors
Comprehensive cancer education is offered through the Cancer Resource Center (CRC). The program includes various courses and screens throughout the year. Preregistration is required. Call our Cancer Resource Center at 425.656.4002 for more information.
Cancer Information Line
The diagnosis of cancer can spark fear in the lives of patients, families, and friends. A variety of resources exist to help you cope during this time of treatment and recovery. To learn what is available, call our Cancer Resource Center at 425.656.4002.
- Breast Cancer Support—Meets the third Thursday of each month, from 7 to 8:30 pm. Call Cancer Lifeline at 206.297.2500 for more information.
- Look Good, Feel Better—This program meets the special needs of women going through cancer treatment. Topics cover skin and hair care, hair loss, cosmetics, wigs and nutrition. Call 425.656.4002 for more information or to register.