Scheduled Sleep Test Instructions
Upon arrival through the main hospital entrance, please have a seat in the waiting area directly across from the patient information desk. Please bring your insurance cards with you. You should be ready to leave in the morning between 6:00 AM and 6:30 AM.
Please call 425.656.4071 for pre-registration
Instructions for your night of sleep at the Sleep Center
- Eat dinner before you come to the Sleep Center.
- Take all your regular medications unless otherwise instructed by your physician. Any medications you take before bedtime you need to bring with you.
- If you are diabetic, please bring any necessary monitoring devices and a snack or juice.
- Shower/Bathe, wash and dry your hair prior to coming to the Sleep Center. We need you to arrive "squeaky-clean", no lotions, creams, makeup, or other hair products.
- Bring pajamas, or something loose and comfortable to sleep in. Shorts and T-shirt work fine. You may not sleep in underwear alone.
- Nightgowns do not work well for testing, and sleepwear must not be silk or satin fabric.
- We provide bed linens, pillows and towels. You are welcome to bring your own pillow.
- Family members may come with you, however they will be asked to leave prior to starting the test process. Thank you for understanding this requirement as we also have other patients here for testing.
- If you need to reschedule this appointment please call 425.656.5340 ext. 2 as soon as possible. Notifying us in a timely manner allows us to fill the bed with another patient who needs to be studied. There will be a $50 fee applied to patients with less than a 24 hour notice of cancellation.
- If you need to reach the Sleep Center over the weekend or after normal business hours, please call 425.656.5340, option 3.
If you will be staying for the MSLT testing, you will be discharged from the lab that day around 4:00 PM. Breakfast and lunch will be provided for the MSLT testing patients only.
The Cardiopulmonary Department is located on the first floor of Valley Medical Center. Please Proceed through the main entrance of the hospital
Please check in at Main Admitting on your left, 15 minutes prior to your appointment. After checking in, proceed to the main lobby area of the hospital. You will see the elevators off to your right on a green wall, take the elevator to the first floor. Cardiopulmonary is directly across the hall as you exit the elevator.
Home Study unit, will need to be returned the following day by 11:00 AM.
If you need to reschedule your Home Sleep Study Appointment, please contact 425.690.3484 ext 6907309 or 6907310.