We're here to care for you and your growing family
- Your Valley Family Medicine (VFM) provider will get to know your baby in utero, then continue to care for them during their first stages in life through pediatric care.
- Your provider will be with you not only for preconception appointments, and prenatal care but also for the "4th Trimester" postpartum stage.
- Your provider will be with you at your delivery.
- VFM is a "one stop shop" for your family's primary care. Preconception appointments, obstetric/prenatal/postpartum care, well baby checks and vaccinations, pediatrics, adult medicine and senior care are all available with VFM physicians. You can schedule appointments for your entire household on the same day!
- Specialty services within clinic include: preconception care, high-risk obstetrics, pediatrics, gynecology, family therapy and counseling.
- Procedures within clinic include: pediatric circumcision, pediatric wart removal and reproductive health (IUD insertion/removal, Nexplanon insertion/removal, vasectomy).
- For more than 30 years, VFM has cared for residents of South King County. VFM is the clinic operated by Valley Medical Center's Family Medicine Residency program, which is affiliated with the University of Washington School of Medicine, rated the best primary care medical school in the United States since 1993.
||Deliver at Valley Medical Center's State-of-the-Art Birth Center
More than 3,000 babies get their start at Valley each year. The Birth Center at Valley Medical Center offers a welcoming experience for the entire family, with a home-like setting that allows you and your family to relax and direct your attention to getting to know your new baby. In addition to your provider from Valley Family Medicine, you will be cared for by the on-site 24/7 OB Hospitalist team.
Valley has the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) between Seattle and Tacoma in case your little one needs extra support. The NICU is staffed by neonatologists from Seattle Children's and UW Medicine.
Learn more about The Birth Center at Valley Medical Center and take a virtual tour.
Check out our 10 Reasons to Deliver at Valley list.
|Additional Resources at Valley Medical Center for You and Your Baby
- Pregnancy and Parenting Prep
Valley partners with Parent Trust to offer comprehensive birth and parenting preparation classes.
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists provide genetic counseling, ultrasound, and other prenatal diagnostic and fetal surgical procedures to monitor and manage low- to high-risk pregnancies.
- Lactation Services
Lactation consultants are available to help with feeding difficulties, both at The Birth Center and after you go home. Valley Medical Center is an accredited Baby-Friendly USA hospital.
- Clinic Network and Children's Therapy
Patients at Valley have access to our vast Clinic Network, which includes more than 30 specialty clinic ranging from allergy to urology.
Valley's Children's Therapy clinic offers physical, occupational and speech therapies, with a collaborative, family-focused approach.