Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Up-to-date information about care and services
What you need to know
At Valley Medical Center, we’re working to protect and care for our community and staff throughout the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
Here are the steps we're taking:
Upper Respiratory screening evaluation unit location, plus drive-through testing by referral:
Visitor policy: 1 or 2 visitors are now allowed in certain cases:
Your Safety Is Our #1 Priority
While Valley has always adhered to strict standards in patient care and safety, in our new environment we have risen to new levels. Our commitment to keeping you, your loved ones and our staff safe and healthy has never been stronger as we have redefined our cleaning and safety standards above and beyond to maintain your trust. This top ten list is by no means everything being done to protect you, our community and staff, but they are the things you've told us matter most to you and we want you to know what we’re doing for your protection as you continue to entrust us with your care.
1. Keeping 6 feet away from others.
- Plexiglass shields at registration or check in stations
- Waiting area furniture arranged to encourage physical distancing
- Workflow changes to prevent unnecessary physical contact such as direct escort to a treatment room after check-in or texting patients from their car when their treatment room is ready.
- Limited visitors
- In-home, telehealth appointment options available for primary and specialty clinic services
2. We mask for you, you mask for us. All staff, patients and visitors must be masked and screened for symptoms when entering VMC facilities and may not be removed except in special circumstances.
3. Patients with symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID-19 are physically separated from others in designated treatment areas and special units requiring protective measures.
4. Each hospital patient without screening or testing results are considered a Person Under Investigation until the patient can be properly screened or tested to rule out COVID-19.
5. All hospital and surgery patients are tested for COVID-19 regardless of symptoms to prevent unexpected exposure of staff and other patients.
6. All staff are provided safe and effective personal protective equipment and other needed supplies, with all guidelines and procedures updated based on state and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) policies.
What We’ve Always Done & Continue to Do: Strict Cleaning & Hygiene Standards
7. Hand hygiene stations (handwashing sinks or hand sanitizer) are located at the door of each patient room in all patient care locations and throughout facilities.
8. Viral disinfectant wipes are placed in all patient care locations to sanitize surfaces and equipment.
9. Patient rooms and treatment areas are sanitized after each patient leaves the room.
10. Public areas are wiped down and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
What to do if you think you have COVID-19?
Can I still get an appointment for regular clinic care? Learn more
Questions about COVID-19? Get the facts
In the Know: Coronavirus Resources
Donate Today—Critical Support Needed
At Valley Medical Center, we care for you like family when you need us. Now, we urgently need you.