Childbirth and Neonatal Services
State-of-the-art Care, Soothing Surroundings
Congratulations. We're honored you're considering Valley Medical Center as the place to begin this wonderful new chapter in your life. Every year more than 3,000 babies get their start here. You'll find Valley Medical Center a resource for birth preparation classes, prenatal fitness, breastfeeding help and advice about parenting and medical care. We appreciate each family's differing needs and we go out of our way to make your baby's birth a joyful, memorable event.
Valley Medical Center is an accredited Baby-Friendly hospital. Learn more.
Fast Facts about The Birth Center at Valley Medical Center.
Visitor policy update: During the COVID-19 outbreak, visitors are generally NOT allowed except in limited cases. Please note: Multiple visitors may not trade-off within a single day to visit or support the same patient. See Valley's revised visitor policy.
It's all in the delivery.
VMC's state-of-the-art Birth Center offers a welcoming experience for the entire family, with a home-like setting that allows you and your family to relax and direct your attention to getting to know your new baby:
- Private, suite-like rooms for labor, birth and recovery
- Free, in-room, on-demand movies
- DVD/CD player
- Wireless Internet access
- Room service meal delivery and a meal voucher for your partner
- Family lounge with cable TV, vending machines, microwave and sink
- Virtual classes in childbirth preparation
- Specially trained lactation nurses to help you with breastfeeding
- Hearing screeners and birth registrars
- A first-class security system so everyone rests easier
- Nurses who know how to teach you and your family to care for your precious new baby
Your comfort is important to us.
- Hydrotherapy whirlpool baths
- A full range of options for managing pain, from massage to narcotic-free nitrous oxide* or epidural anesthesia
- Birthing balls and birthing bars to help facilitate labor
- Daybed for family members to stay in comfort
The comforts of The Birth Center are matched by the expert level of care you receive. Our specially trained nursing staff, midwives and obstetric doctors provide compassionate, family-centered care in a safe, nurturing environment.
Top notch care for Mom and baby.
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies
- A Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) for babies who are premature or have special needs
The Birth Center has an obstetric specialist, called a hospitalist, on duty 24-hours a day, 365 days a year for the safety of our patients and new arrivals. This innovative program ensures that a physician is available in the event of an obstetric emergency, including Caesarean births. In the unlikely event your baby requires intensive care—you’re at the right place. Valley Medical Center houses the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit between Seattle and Tacoma, with neonatology specialists (doctors, registered nurses and nurse practitioners trained to care for premature and sick babies) in house 24-hours a day.
Deciding where to have your baby?
Don't assume your hospital offers vitally important services on-site to help ensure you and your baby's comfort and safety.
Choose the best care for you and your baby.
Print and take this list with you.
Questions about Valley's Birth Center? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find a doctor who delivers at VMC
Find an OB/GYN | Find a Certified Nurse Midwife Find a Family Medicine with Obstetrics Doctor
Your health care provider will help you establish a schedule of prenatal care for the entire duration of your pregnancy. Our experienced physicians have specialized training in the care of women during pregnancy, labor and childbirth.
Prepare for the arrival of your new baby
Virtual Pregnancy, Birth Preparation & Parenting Classes
Have questions about breastfeeding, creating a strong healthy relationship between you and your child or what you need to know as a first-time parent? Check out virtual birth preparation and parenting classes.
View classes now
Free Weekly Pregnancy & Parenting Newsletter
Envia BEBE al 511411
Get FREE messages each week on your cell phone to help you through your pregnancy and your baby's first year.
Text4baby is an educational program of the National Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition. Learn more