Find a dermatologist
What is a dermatologist?
Our dermatologists provide comprehensive care and treatment of skin diseases, including carcinomas and dermatitis. Dermatologists work together with other medical professionals to ensure treatment approaches that are most effective for each patient.
A dermatologist is a physician who is trained to evaluate and manage pediatric and adult patients with benign and malignant disorders of the skin, hair, nails and adjacent mucous membranes. Our specialists have additional training and experience in the following:
- The diagnosis and treatment of skin cancers, melanomas, moles and other tumors of the skin
- The management of contact dermatitis, psoriasis and other inflammatory skin disorders
- The recognition of the skin manifestations of systemic and infectious diseases
- Surgical techniques used in dermatology
Dermatologists also manage cosmetic disorders of the skin, including hair loss, scars and the skin changes associated with aging.
Diagnosis & Treatment
The skin is the largest organ of the body. As the outer protective covering of the body, it is exposed to the environment, making it vulnerable to growths, rashes, discoloration, cysts, burns, injuries, infections, and other disorders. Dermatologists at VMC provide comprehensive care and state-of-the-art treatment for skin, hair and nail conditions and diseases in adults and children, including:
- Cancer screening
- Inflammatory skin disorders
- Cosmetic disorders of the skin, scars and skin changes associated with aging
- Hair loss
- Ingrown nails and fungal nail infections
- Skin manifestations of systemic and infectious diseases, including cold sores, psoriasis, rosacea, lupus, eczema, warts and shingles