At Valley Medical Center, we’re working to protect and care for our community and staff throughout the coronavirus pandemic and beyond.
Here are the steps we're taking:
While Valley has always adhered to strict standards in patient care and safety, in our new environment we have risen to new levels. Our commitment to keeping you, your loved ones and our staff safe and healthy has never been stronger as we have redefined our cleaning and safety standards above and beyond to maintain your trust. This top ten list is by no means everything being done to protect you, our community and staff, but they are the things you've told us matter most to you and we want you to know what we’re doing for your protection as you continue to entrust us with your care.
1. Keeping 6 feet away from others.
2. We mask for you, you mask for us. All staff, patients and visitors must be masked and screened for symptoms when entering VMC facilities and may not be removed except in special circumstances. Masks must be worn at all times even if you have been vaccinated.
3. Patients with symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID-19 are physically separated from others in designated treatment areas and special units requiring protective measures.
4. Each hospital patient without screening or testing results is considered a Person Under Investigation until the patient can be properly screened or tested to rule out COVID-19.
5. All hospital and surgery patients are tested for COVID-19 regardless of symptoms to prevent unexpected exposure of staff and other patients.
6. All staff are provided safe and effective personal protective equipment and other needed supplies, with all guidelines and procedures updated based on state and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) policies.
7. Hand hygiene stations (handwashing sinks or hand sanitizer) are located at the door of each patient room in all patient care locations and throughout facilities.
8. Viral disinfectant wipes are placed in all patient care locations to sanitize surfaces and equipment.
9. Patient rooms and treatment areas are sanitized after each patient leaves the room.
10. Public areas are wiped down and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
At Valley, we care for you like family when you need us.
Now, we urgently need you.