The Hand Therapy Clinic provides comprehensive and coordinated programs for patients with any type of hand or upper extremity injury such as fractures, tendonitis/overuse injuries, arthritis, nerve compression/carpal tunnel syndrome, tendon repairs, trigger finger, Dupuytren's disease and amputations. Occupational and physical therapists work with patients to regain strength, sensation, range of motion and dexterity to help maximize the ability to carry out daily life activities. Patients play an integral role in goal-setting.
Physicians and surgeons refer patients to the Hand Therapy Clinic for a broad range of evaluations and therapeutic treatment programs:
Find out how therapy can help you recover better use of your hands. Contact us today!
- Self-care, work and leisure assessments
- BTE-Quest work simulation
- Return-to-work activities
- Adaptive equipment needs
- Range of motion and joint mobilization
- Wound and scar management
- Muscle re-education
- Upper extremity strengthening
- Arthritis education
- Work simplification
- Sensory re-education
- Treatment—fluid therapy, paraffin baths, electrical stimulation, hot and cold packs and ultrasound