Billing & Insurance
Get Covered: Affordable Health Insurance
Living without health insurance can put your personal and financial health at risk. The Affordable Care Act puts health insurance within reach for nearly everyone. Insurance premiums are reasonably priced or even free, depending upon your family size and income. And, you cannot be denied health insurance coverage due to a pre-existing condition.
Valley Medical Center Billing and Payment Procedures
Thank you for choosing Valley Medical Center for your healthcare needs. It is our mission to improve the overall health and well-being of the community we serve. We want you to understand what can be expected throughout the billing process. In order to provide you with a clear explanation of our billing and payment procedures, view this brochure which explains: Information about Submitting a Claim, Payment Options, Bills From Other Providers and Other Provider Numbers .
If you have any questions or would like to learn more, please visit valleymed.org/patients or call our Patient Financial Services (PFS) department at 1.855.826.1540 or 425.690.3578, option 5.
About the Billing Process
Any services provided by contracted providers—surgeons, radiologists, anesthesiologists, pathologists, etc.—will be billed separately by the physician's billing office. Learn more about bills from contracted providers.
You may receive a bill from Valley Medical Center for the following types of services:
You may receive informational statements while your insurance company processes your claim, but you will not be required to make payment until your portion of the services are determined and sent to you in the form of a bill. In addition, you may receive a letter from Valley Medical Center if your insurance company requires more information to process your claim.
If your visit is the result of a motor vehicle or non-work related accident:
- You will be required to provide all automobile insurance or other third party liability information within 15 days. VMC will pursue payment for your care from that source before billing your healthcare insurance. Most healthcare insurance policies require that all third parties are billed before they will process your claims. (Valley Medical Center may elect to file a lien on any potential settlement that you may pursue as a result of your injury.)
If your visit is the result of a work-related accident or illness:
- Valley Medical Center will bill the Washington State Department of Labor & Industry, or other Employer Self Insured Workman’s Compensation programs. We will provide information about your accident and health status within the legally required time frames so that you can receive any time loss payments or other benefits associated with work related incidents. If you have any questions regarding statements or bills received, please contact Hospital Patient Financial Services at 1.855.826.1540 or 425.690.3578, option 5. We will be happy to assist in any way we can.
Note About Clinic Bills
Medicare reclassified the VMC clinic office locations below as outpatient hospital departments, requiring VMC to bill in two parts. This means that some patients may receive separate bills for facility fees and healthcare provider fees. Learn More.
- Cascade Clinic | Primary Care
- Covington Clinic North | Specialty Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- Midwives Clinic
- Rheumatology Clinic
- Valley Women's Healthcare (OB/GYN)
- Covington Clinic South | Primary care
- Kent Clinic | Primary Care
- Kent Clinic | Specialty Care
- Diabetes Education & Nutrition Clinic
- Nephrology Clinic
- Podiatry Clinic
- Valley Women's Healthcare (OB/GYN)
- Maple Valley | Primary Care
- North Benson Clinic | Urgent Care
- Valley Family Medicine
If you have any questions regarding statements or bills received, please contact the Patient Financial Services Department. We will be happy to assist in any way we can.
After Your Insurance Has Processed Your Bill
Valley Medical Center will send a statement showing any personal financial amount you will owe after your insurance company had responded with its payment or coverage information. Insured patients who do not have 100% insurance coverage will be offered financial options for remaining balance after insurance payment.
Questions about your bill
For questions about how to read your statement, click here. If you have questions related to treatment at Valley Medical Center for hospital services, please contact:
Patient Financial Services Department
Valley Medical Center
3600 Lind Ave SW, Suite 110
Renton, WA 98057
||Monday – Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST
425.690.3578, option 5
Financial Options for Hospital Patients
With Limited or No Insurance Coverage
Learn about financial assistance options.
Bills From Contracted Providers
Many doctors, ambulance companies, and labs are separate businesses with their own billing and account procedures. Below is a list of groups regularly providing care to VMC patients, and may or may not participate in the same healthcare insurance contracts or offer the same financial options, including financial assistance programs.
If you receive a bill from one of the providers below and have questions, please contact them directly.
| Associated Emergency Physicians
| InCyte Diagnostics
| NW Newborn and Pediatric Services
| Ob Hospitalist Group
| Obstetrix (Perinatology)
| Pacific Medical, Inc.
| Pediatricx (Hearing Tests)
| Proliance Orthopedic Associates
| Quest Diagnostics
| Radiation Oncology (TIROG)
| Seattle Children's
| Southlake Clinic Physicians
| Sound Inpatient Physicians
| Valley Anesthesia
| Imaging Partners at Valley
| Vantage Radiology & Diagnostic Services
What are hospital services?
Hospital services describes charges for facility-related services rendered at Valley Medical Center. This may include inpatient and/or outpatient care, such as:
- Emergency Room
- Lab / Pathology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Radiation Oncology
- Recovery Room
- Room Charges to include Nursery, Intensive / Critical Care
- Therapy to include Occupational / Physical and Speech
- Treatment room for clinic services Learn More.
What are professional services?
Professional services can be described as charges for services rendered by providers (physicians and/or other health care professionals) at Valley Medical Center, such as:
- Office visits or Consultations
- In-office Lab / Pathology
- In-office Radiology
- Fracture Care
- General Medicine (immunizations, Cardiovascular, Psychiatry, Special Procedures etc)
- Minor Procedures